Artificial grass makes for a great investment, with little downpayment and no maintenance is required, for good measure. One of the best things about this turf is that you do not have to worry about watering the lawn or that it is wilting and drying up under a hot sun. As mentioned, you do not have to do much once you get this installed in place. Relax at the end of a long, working day, lean back and enjoy the verdant green. And what’s more, this grass is not going to disappear in cold weather as well which is why it is just the right item to give to others, as a gift. But there are a few things that you may want to first realize about this turf; go ahead and review the post, you’d be surprised.
- Synthetic grass, a little bit of history: It is often the little things that sprout up into something larger. And the same applies where artificial grass is concerned, with the initial beginnings taking place around the 1950s. At the start, it was created as a solution to help the inner city civic works, but later on, it ended up creating a whole new industry.
- The materials it is made from: When it comes to artificial grass, most of us tend to have varying ideas. The artificial turf that you see today is a third-generation, an improvement on the older models. And that is why the artificial turf today is more akin to real grass than the older models. The grass, it is made from polyethylene and made to resemble natural grass both as far as appearances and texture are concerned.
- Denier: When purchasing this turf, the first thing that you need to check out is the denier of the grass. You need to check out the denier or the density of the grass. If you are looking for something that has a larger density, then you need to go for turf with a larger denier, it’s as simple as that.
- Face weight: When checking out the various turf’s on the market, you may want to ask the manufacturer for the face weight. That’s nothing more than the weight of the fibers contained in the grass and it should clue you in as to which one is better for your residence. You need to go in for one with a heavier face weight as it indicates better quality and a thicker appearance.
- Water drainage: Have you often wondered how the water would not stay on top of the turf and where all the water goes, after heavy rain? The simple answer is that the water percolates through the backing and eventually goes to the foundation. And that’s yet another reason why you may want to opt for this type of grass. The synthetic grass is designed to allow the water to percolate through and the only exception is the putting green, for obvious reasons.
- The varying shapes and sizes: Synthetic grass comes in various shapes and sizes, from short grass to long ones. Apart from this, it is made to order where you can place a custom order for knee height grass or even shorter ones for designing a putting green in place. What’s more, some of the artificial turfs, instead of real ones as well.
These are some of the things that you need to know about artificial grass, how it is made, its backstory and why it is great.